Well...we've done it! We joined the New England Aquarium. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of visiting the aquarium as much as I want. We are even able to jump the line -- so long tourists! And yes, even if some of our friends wish to tour the town of Boston, we will kindly take them to the aquarium with us (Ed and I are such "givers"). We're allowed to take up to two guests with our passes.
Some friends of ours told us about the membership at the aquarium. So....Ed and I thought that it would be a good idea to join (after living in DC and going to the Baltimore Aquarium a lot). And hey, if we go to the Aquarium twice, the membership will be paid for AND it's tax-deductible (and I'm always looking for a tax-deduction).
Not only did we go the the aquarium on Saturday, we even went to a 3-D movie at the IMAX (where we able to get a small discount on our movie tickets because we belong to the aquarium). We watched the movie "Deep Sea" and I loved it! 3-D isn't like what I remembered when I was little -- it's even better now! Most of the kids in the theatre seemed to like the movie until the giant squid "eated" them. Once the giant squid "eated" some of the kids, they started to cry and had to be carried out by their parents. Don't worry, most kids stayed, but they definitely didn't want to see the squid again.
Later on Saturday, we went to the North End's "Little Italy" and picked up some supplies (ie olive oil, pancetta, canolis, etc.). I'm really happy that Ed and I went on the tour of Little Italy in July -- now we know where to buy all of the good stuff! If anyone is interested in Italian food or finding out more about Boston, I would recommend the tour...(http://www.northendmarkettours.com/html/markettours/markettours.html).
1 comment:
I wouldn't want to be "eated," either.
Wish we were close, so we could hop over to Boston.
Post a Comment