Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Go Army! Beat BC? Wicked!



Yep, Ed and I went to the Army vs. Boston College game this past weekend. We arrived early to tailgate -- around 9:30AM. I couldn't believe it when the time rolled off of Ed's tongue on Friday, but alas we had to get there at 9:30 AM. Needless to say, I took a nap as soon as humanly possible before the game -- I definitely needed it. About 20 people we knew tailgated before the game and Ed had a good time quizzing the West Point Cadets that walked by about what life was like at the Academy now. I decided to join the party a little closer to noon (I also talked to my sister on the phone for about a half-an-hour prior to joining everyone). Then it was off to the game. I was pleasantly surprised with Army's performance on the field and our seats (in the shade -- it was 80 something degrees that day and sunny -- and on the 50 yard line a few rows up from the Boston College bench). A Harvard classmate of Ed's really hooked us up -- it was great! There were times when I saw a glimmer of genius by the Army team and then there were those other times when BC scored....Ed's classmate summed up the game perfectly (from BC's perspective) -- "The game was exciting, but there was never a doubt".


Later that night, Ed and I shifted gears (and outfits) and went to the musical "Wicked" (http://www.wickedthemusicaltour.com/) . The show was fantastic and the music was powerful (in Ed's terms, which I agree). The show is a take on Disney's The Wizard of Oz prior to and after Dorothy landing in Oz. Wicked shows how the Wicked Witch of the West is misunderstood and the Good Witch of the East is part of the manipulation that ostracizes the Wicked Witch of the West. I loved the musical! It was great!

2 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Yey!! You guys have a blog. I just found you on Angie's links. Glad you are enjoying Boston. I'll keep checking in on you two. Take care.

The Matthaidess' said...

Jamie,
Hey! It's great to hear from you! I hope that all is well with the family -- keep in touch!
Kellie