Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Visit to the National Cathedral

Two weekends ago, Ed and I went to the National Cathedral. I hadn’t been inside the church and they were hosting a flower expo. It was a lot of fun walking around the grounds and looking at everything. I think that Tate had a nice time as well or maybe he just enjoyed being carried around in his new sling.




Tate was so funny. He would peek over the sling acting as if no one could see him.




He also enjoyed looking at the flowers in the various gardens.







After we walked around the grounds, we decided to go inside the church. The glass work is beautiful (I’m a huge fan of glass work. One day I'll have to take a class and learn how to make it).






Also, inside the church, they had flower displays donated from various countries and they were beautiful.


Here is the US' -- the tulips were red and white, while the vase was blue with white stars.


I can't remember which country donated this one, but I thought it was beautiful.


Here are some pictures of the cathedral.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the baby-wearing shout out! Great pics!

Angie said...

He is so cute in the sling. I love him peeking over the top. You live in such a great place for activities to explore, especially lots of FREE stuff.