Ok...So, I realize that it's been almost two months since I've lasted posted anything on the blog.
For the last two months, Ed and I have been living between Boston and Virginia. In addition, we made several trips to Wisconsin to visit Ed's parents and to pick up various items for the baby's room. (We actually had furniture made for the baby so that it would match our current furniture -- Ed likes that everything matches.)

Because we have traveled so much, we rarely spent even a week in one place. I am so relieved that we are now permanently in one place. There were times that we spent so much time on the road that I thought that I would have to have the baby in a strange place or on the curb somewhere. Fortunately, we will be in Virginia for a while (or at least until the baby arrives). And no, I have not seen a doctor yet -- we just arrived in Virginia, permanently, last week. I have an appointment at Fort Belvoir tomorrow. My last appointment with my Boston doctor took place about two weeks ago and he anticipates that I would have about an eight pound, long baby. And yes, if the baby is eight pounds, I hope that he's long and lean! If he's fat and chubby, I don't think that the birthing process will be considered a success for me, at least.
Even though we spent the last two months traveling between states and moving, we found the time to head back to Boston to watch Ed graduate from Harvard. Hooray! His entire family came to the graduation and joined us in celebrating Ed's accomplishment. However, the weekend also came with much sadness as Ed's Dad passed away from a heart attack while his family was visiting in Boston. Even though the passing of his father was difficult for everyone, fortunately, the entire family was together (typically, his family is only able to get together about once a year or once every other year depending on our location, Ed's sister's location, or Ed's job) to support each other during this time.

Of course, the only problem with Ed graduating is that he now has to return to work. Fortunately, he'll be working at the Pentagon, but I will no longer be able to monopolize his time. BOOO! After Ed spent sixteen months in Iraq away from me, I kind of like having him around to do things with. Fortunately, the people at the Pentagon understand that we're having a new baby at the beginning of July and have agreed to allow him to take off two weeks to spend time with me and the baby.
5 comments:
What a mix of emotions you are all going through...
I am so very sorry to hear the news of Ed's dad. Please, know we are thinking of you. It was good, though, that you were all together. I'm sure he was so proud of Ed.
Congrats, Ed on graduation. What an accomplishment!!!
DAMN, have you guys been crazy! Glad you are finally getting settled in VA.
I hope that the little guy is long and lean thin too. Good luck, it will be here before you know it.
Oh, Ed, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Your life has been nuts for a long time. I'm glad that you didn't have the baby on the side of the road. Good luck with the birth, and PLEASE keep us posted.
Kellie and Ed,
I am so sorry to hear about Ed's dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. Congratulations on Ed's graduation!! You must be so proud of him!! I bet you are so relieved that you are FINALLY in one place!! A PCS move is a pain in the rear itself, and I can only imagine you doing it while pregnant!!
WOW!!! An 8 pound baby!!! Well, I'm not surprised you are going to have a big baby, look how stalky your hubby is!! Just hope he is more long than he is round so it's easier on you while in labor!! The baby will be here before you know it! Are you ready? I know you and Ed are going to be wonderful parents!! Take care and be looking for an email from me!!
Patty
Sorry to hear about Ed's dad.
What a crazy time it's been for you guys! I'm so glad to hear you're settled. Hopefully, all the running around has helped your pregnancy go by more quickly.
My sister's OB and an ultrasound tech told her, at two seperate times, she was having a 9lb baby and he came out two weeks late and just under 8 lbs. Sometimes, the ultrasounds are a little off...
I can' wait to see picture of the furniture!
You're having a baby next month! How exciting to know it's so close!
Please tell Ed we are sorry for his loss!
I hope everything goes well for the birth! I might give birth at the same time as you-aagh (read my blog.)
Post a Comment