Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas in Middleburg

At the beginning of December, Ed, Tate, and I headed to Middleburg, VA for their annual Christmas parade. Because Middleburg is known for its fox hunting and horse culture, they do not have the traditional parade. Their parade celebrates/shows the individuals in a traditional fox hunt.

Tate was also quite taken with the horses and dogs. Even though the parade was out of the ordinary, we enjoyed it immensely. Here are some pictures taken of us and/or the parade…



All members of the parade were dressed in traditional garb.



Some women rode side-saddle.



The dogs were well behaved and stayed behind the leader in a pack.


The horses were beautiful – some were shaved, while others had their manes and tails braided.



Here's Tate talking -- he likes to speak in o's mostly...


That weekend, we also went Christmas tree shopping. It was pretty the chilly the day we went. So, we had to put Tate in his new snow suit (we purchased him a snow suit for his impending trip to Wisconsin during the Christmas holiday). As you can see in the pictures, we had a hard time keeping Tate’s hat on him.

I’m not sure if Tate enjoyed tree shopping. It was kind of windy the day we went and he kept facing the wind (for some reason) and gasping for his breath.

I must say that it was nice to be able to buy an average tree that was less than $100. In Alaska, they’re so expensive! We did, however, transport the tree in the car (not because of the cold, but because it was the easiest way to transport the tree).

Later that night, Ed decorated the tree and I helped when I could -- someone had to entertain Tate!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I liked all the dogs. Liv would have liked the dogs and Lila, the horses.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I would have been in heaven. Heaven! At that parade. That looks so fun. How do you know about it? What that near your home town? SO cool.

The tree looks great too. Merry Christmas you three! Enjoy your first with the little man.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Was, not what... my fingers were ahead of myself.