A few weeks ago, we went to Gunston Hall, George Mason's home, for a family-style Christmas dinner and a Christmas tour of the grounds. The dinner was okay, but the house was a lot of fun to explore. They had the usual people in period costume and spoke as if they were living during the time period. Everyone thought that Tate was adorable and would try to speak to him. Tate in return would press his face up against the plexiglass screen and at times try to lick it. Of course, I tried to stop him, but sometimes it's almost impossible to stop him (he's a very persistent child).
Ed wasn't able to take pictures inside of the house, but he was able to get a couple pictures during the daytime and evening of the house.
Here's one of Tate running loose after our tour.
After our long night at Gunston Hall, we had an hour drive back home. To keep Tate entertained, I gave him a baby wipe to play with (he loves those things). Tate became very quiet and I found him like this.
Most of you know that the East Coast was hit with a huge winter storm last weekend. We received about 20 inches of snow! It was incredible to watch it snow so much. Tate also loved looking at it and all of the silly people who were trying to leave during the blizzard (of course, the people didn't make it far because all of the them returned within an hour of leaving).
The aftermath of the storm looked like this...
Oh, I forgot to add that our ingenious street cleaning crew decided to use our driveway as a dumping site for the snow.
Ed spoke with the President of the HOA, but she was of absolutely no help. So...Ed dug out our cars, my parents' car (they were out of town and parked their car in our complex so that they could catch their flight), helped other people dig their cars out, and dug out our mailbox so that we could receive mail.
Ed also found time to spend a little quality time with Tate and I outside in the snow. At first Tate didn't like the snow, but then he started to enjoy himself. Unfortunately, we didn't have any snow gear for him. So, he wasn't able to spend a long time outside with us.
2 comments:
You can see the baby belly! Yay!
I would have been so ticked about the extra snow in your driveway. Who does that? Beautiful snow, though!
Love the baby belly. Very cute!
I think that if we're going to have to live through cold temps, we may as well have snow. That's what I don't really like about Kansas. It's cold - but, very very little snow. The kids can't play in it and aren't really excited to play outside and neither than I!
Post a Comment