Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tate the Artist and the Daredevil

Since I've had a baby, we've spent a lot of time at home. Of course, this is not the ideal situation considering Tate loves to be outside of the house. So...I've had to keep Tate busy inside of the house.

One day, we spent the afternoon drawing.







Of course, Colt decided not to participate...


Another day, I made play dough. I thought that it would be a good idea to act like the play dough was food and put it into Tate's play dishes. Even though it seemed like a good idea, it really wasn't. Tate decided that it was real food and decided to pop a ball of play dough into his mouth and let it marinate. It was so disgusting! He was afraid to spit it out and he was afraid to swallow it. He just drooled on himself. I had to scoop the play dough out of his mouth with my fingers. It took several tries, but I eventually scooped it all out.








Now...it's Tate the daredevil. He loves to climb. Usually he's okay, but every now and then he falls and gets a bruise. A couple of days ago, he fell. At first I didn't think much about it, but then Tate started to cry and when I picked him up the bruise on his face started to grow before my eyes.

He looked like this on the first day...



Then the second day...


Now the third day...


I just wonder what it's going to look like when his Daddy sees him...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Kellie. Christopher's had similar bruises, so I understand. I hope you are doing ok with both kids right now, despite the bruises.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! The shiner doesn't look too bad. Boys will be boys I guess. My girls are going through scratching phases. They've been scratching each other up when they fight. Girls will be girls, I guess. The cat fights begin already!