Christmas Eve, Tate took his second round trip flight to Wisconsin. He did quite well on the flight even though we had a weather delay. During Christmas week the weather was pretty snowy. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a picture of Tate in his first snow. After we landed in Wisconsin, we jumped in the car and headed for Ed’s Grandmother’s (Grandma Hanke) house in Chilton. While at the Grandma Hanke’s house, gifts were opened (Ed and his Grandmother celebrate their birthdays in December)… Before long, we had to leave Grandma Hanke’s house because Tate was becoming more and more cranky. He was cranky almost the entire night and the following day (And yes, I stayed up with him until Ed took over the early morning shift at 4am). He was even cranky during the opening of the Christmas gifts, but he did take some time out to unwrap his gifts. Actually, he just grabbed the packages because he wanted to eat either the wrapping paper or the tissue paper (not the gifts – go figure!). I must say that Tate was spoiled by his Mutti (aka Ed’s mom) and his sister and brother-in-law. After opening gifts, we had Christmas dinner, which Ed’s mom and sister prepared…. Then the men slept…
and Tate met his first cousin from Ed’s side of the family, Jacob. At first, the meeting didn’t go so well…
But then the boys warmed up to each other...Jacob is a few months older than Tate and he’s able to crawl. Because Jacob could crawl, I had Tate closely observe him and take notes – someone needs to set the example!



I think that we successfully destroyed Cherie's house with all of the Christmas wrapping, etc.
So, you’re probably asking why was Tate so cranky? Lack of sleep? No. Traveling? No. Then I heard Tate humming a familiar song. It sounded like… All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Yes, Tate's two front bottom teeth started to come in on Christmas Day. I was hoping that he would wait until after I started him on actual food (I’m not looking forward to him biting me while I breast feed), but no, he had to get them right before he turned six months old. Later that night, we visited with Memo, Ed’s other grandmother…
Here are some miscellaneous pictures taken during the Christmas holiday...
Cherie's tree -- It was HUGE! She had tons of lights on it. Talk about a fire hazard! But...Tate liked them...
Brian getting excited over his shine. Yes, Ed and I purchased him moonshine for Christmas -- there's a legal distiller in Virginia (or so the guy claims that he's legal -- hmmm).
Cherie with her trusted ketchup. If you look closely at the label, it has her name on it so that no one can take off with it.
Here are some more pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day…
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Christmas in Wisconsin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pics. He's getting so big. Cute Hooter Hider!
Ahh, welcome to biting (hopefully not!)! Both my kids bit me nursing. Liv's was short-lived. She was a quick eater and as her suck slowed and I knew she was just about done on one side, I'd move her to the next quickly, etc. If I gave her just one second to hang out and get "bored," she'd bite. But, once I figured it all out, I was able to prevent it (and she got the hint when I flicked her cheek with my finger and told her "NO!" when she did do it). Lila, on the other hand, developed a bad latch during a teething phase when she turned one. I tried to fix it and she just would not stop nursing with her two bottom (or top, I can't remember) teeth pressed in on me. I nursed her until she was 21-months like that, when the bad latch eventually affected my milk supply and "helped" us wean. Most biting issues are short lived, however. So, if it happens, hang in there!! And, a lot of us moms have learned some great tricks - so ask us!
Tate is just getting cuter and cuter. Love the pictures.
Ashlyn got her first two teeth right on her first Christmas as well, the only reason that I remember the day.
Post a Comment