Friday, September 5, 2008

The Benefits of a Straightjacket and Various VA Adventures



This past Saturday, Ed and I went to the little town of Warrenton, Virginia. The town is very quaint and we enjoy visiting it with Tate in tow. We usually go there to eat in their restaurants, which are excellent, but our favorite place to go is a little bakery, Mom’s Apple Pie Bakery . Their desserts are delicious and the place has been featured on the Food Network. Yummy!

Even though we visit the town mostly for meals, this time we decided to tour a couple of the small museums that are in the town. Our first stop was the John Singleton Mosby Museum . The lady who gave us the tour was nice, but she was exceptionally slow. It had some interesting artifacts, but it was a very, very small museum. Ed also wanted to tour the Old Jail Museum as well. It was interesting, but Tate didn’t enjoy it too much….



Later that night after consulting with my sister, we decided to swaddle Tate or the straightjacket, as I like to call it (for a couple of days prior he was very fussy and inconsolable -- so, my sister suggested changing my diet – BOOO! – and swaddling him). The swaddle seemed to do the trick or maybe it stunned him….



And yes, I changed my diet as well, which seems to help. I can’t believe that I have to change so many things. During my conversation with my sister, she did mention that it was only temporary, but I really enjoy cooking with spices and things along that line. I am currently counting down the days until I’m able to resume my eating habits…

On Sunday, Ed and I decided to go to Leesburg, Virginia and tour Ball's Bluff Battlefield Regional Park. It contains the smallest National Cemetery in the United States. We had a nice time walking around the park. Tate slept most of the time in the front carrier, of course. There will come a time when he will have to stay awake or his father will ensure that he stays awake. Until then, he can relax and nap in whatever contraption we may have at the time.

No comments: